LivingWorks Start is a 90-minute online training program that prepares trainees with the skills to recognize when someone is having thoughts of suicide and respond to keep them safe.
Many people are surprised to learn that they’re far more likely to save a live with suicide intervention than with CPR. With increased anxiety and isolation as a result of COVID-19, suicide prevention skills are needed now more than ever.
LivingWorks Start is an ideal tool for workplaces and communities looking to build up their skills even during work-from-home or self-isolation. Trainees can use their skills to keep family members, friends, and co-workers safe—even from a distance.
- Leading-edge, skill-building content that goes beyond just awareness
- Interactive simulations and scenarios
- Customized content depending on learner needs
- Built-in safety resources for trainees and others
- Ongoing access to resources and skills practice
Supporting communities during COVID-19
In recognition of the economic challenges people are facing, we have reduced the price of each LivingWorks Start to $27.95 during COVID-19 (regular price $39.95).
Some organisations are offering free training within their local communities. Below is a list.
- North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network (NWMPHN): If you live in the areas; Moorabool, Melton, Brimbank, Wyndham, Hume, Macedon Ranges, Moreland, Moonee Valley, Maribyrnong, Hobsons Bay, Melbourne, Yarra, Darebin - click here for free training.
- South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network (SEMPHN): If you live in the areas; Casey, Greater Dandenong, Mornington, Peninsula Shire, Kingston, Glen Eira, Frankston, Stonnington, Port Phillip, Bayside, Cardinia - click here for free training, using registration code SEM (for Frankston/ Mornington Peninsula region) or registration code GD (for Greater Dandenong region).
- Country South Australia Primary Health Network: If you live within Country South Australia click here for free training.