LivingWorks Start online training
Learn the skills to recognise and respond to someone having thoughts of suicide.
Did you know you’re far more likely to come across someone having thoughts of suicide, than someone having a heart attack? With the right skills, you could save a life!
LivingWorks Start is a 90-minute online training program for all Australians 15 years and over to learn how to recognise when someone is having thoughts of suicide and respond to keep them safe.
An evidence-based practical four-step model to keep someone safe from suicide
Interactive simulations and scenarios to practice your skills
Customised content depending on learner location and needs
Lifetime access to resources and refresher training
Proven to increase confidence in talking to someone about suicide and connecting them to care
Supporting communities during COVID-19
The ongoing impacts of COVID19 have many of us feeling unsettled, uncertain and lonely, particularly those living with restrictions right now. For some, those feelings may turn to thoughts of suicide. That’s why it is more important than ever to train everyday Australians in suicide prevention, so we can support those around us – even while social distancing.
Ready to get started?
You’re one click away from learning life-saving skills to support those around you. Simply click the button below to get started.
Free Training Available:
Some organisations are offering free training within their local communities. Simply register and complete in your own time.
- NSW residents: If you live in NSW – click here for free training
- Western Victoria Primary Health Network (WVPHN): If you live in the areas; Regional City of Warrnambool, Glenelg Shire, Corangamite Shire, Southern Grampians Shire, Moyne Shire – click here for free training
- South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network (SEMPHN): If you live in the areas; Frankston, Mornington Peninsula, Greater Dandenong, Casey, Cardinia, Kingston, Glen Eira, Stonnington, Port Phillip, Bayside - click here for free training:
if you are from Frankston/ Mornington Peninsula region use code SEM;
if you are from Greater Dandenong, Casey, Cardinia use code GD;
if you are from Kingston, Glen Eira, Stonnington, Port Phillip, Bayside use code BAY;
if you work in general practice (GPs, allied health, practice staff) use code GP.
- Brisbane North Primary Health Network (BNPHN): If you live in the areas; North Brisbane and Moreton Bay region – click here for free training
- Country South Australia Primary Health Network: If you live within Country South Australia – click here for free training
- Veterans: Open Arms is offering free training to veterans, their family and friends – click here for free training
- Veterinarians: Australian Veterinary Association is offering free training to vets – click here and access via your AVA login.
LivingWorks Start teaches valuable skills to anyone 15 years and over, and requires no formal training or prior experience in suicide prevention.
The evidence is clear; the earlier we ask someone – your family, friend, partner or colleague – if they are thinking about suicide, the earlier we can get them to the right level of support and recovery.
We believe that by teaching these skills to as many people as possible, we can help the world become safer from suicide, one community at a time, one intervention at a time.
LivingWorks Start is priced at $39.95.
Some organisations are currently offering free training. See the information included on this page to access the free training.
We offer bulk training licences for organisations.
If you would like to offer LivingWorks Start to your community, organisation or workplace, contact us.
Our team is ready to support you with remote implementation no matter where you and your employees are!